Ceph Furniture...

Ceph Furniture...Table

Here is another table by master ceph artist Chris Barela.

Smaller than the previous one, but I really like it. The octo is lifted and it implies a lot more movement.

Attachments

• conv_289592.jpg
    conv_289592.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 98
Ceph Furniture...Garden Sculpture

I love this piece, though there has never been any detail how to get one. It was simply a pic outside of someone's home.

I love this octo that appreantly has decided to sun himself on a rock, ...in a garden, ...miles away from any natural water source.

Attachments

• conv_289613.jpg
    conv_289613.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 92
Ceph Furniture...Table

Not a for sale piece, I found this pic of an octo table from a gallery in Florida.

I am curious about it even though it is not my favorite ceph table that I have seen. This one supposedly had a rubbery texture to it.

Attachments

• conv_289625.jpg
    conv_289625.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 105
Ceph Furniture...Serving Tray

This is a great item that really struck me the first time I saw it.

The sculpture art is not that impressive, but its simplicity leaves more room for the imagination to fill in the gap and less to bother someone who may be eating off of it.

Attachments

• conv_289649.jpg
    conv_289649.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 132
Ceph Furniture...Dining

This is an odd set probably never to be seen again.

It was way, way, WAY out of my price range, but was a silver tea set with seal life and ceph along it in decoration.

Look at the different views of the handle and the squid's mantle.

Attachments

• conv_289660.jpg
    conv_289660.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 100
  • conv_289659.jpg
    conv_289659.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 91
  • conv_289658.jpg
    conv_289658.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 89
Ceph Furniture...Dining????

This is the oddest piece I have seen, or at least as a whole...

It is a cap for a bottle. Apparently a series of these Japanese Monster Movie caps were released including Kong as he faced off with Godzilla once.

I have considered getting it just to be able to keep it on my water bottle.

Attachments

• conv_289677.jpg
    conv_289677.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 92
I've got that one (somewhere)! I was always a bit disturbed by the giant octopus attack in King Kong versus Godzilla as the octopus is a real one - out of the water - in closeups.

erich orser;79730 said:
I've got that one (somewhere)! I was always a bit disturbed by the giant octopus attack in King Kong versus Godzilla as the octopus is a real one - out of the water - in closeups.

Erich,

Do you know where you got it? I want one, but this guy wants about $5.00 for it (fair), and $5.00 for shipping a bottle cap that weighs about 4 oz's. (insane).

Ceph Furniture...Tin

I am not sure what this is exactly, but it chaps my ...buttocks.

First of all, the site that had it is impossible to find. It was all of $8.00 and I wish I had gotten it when I had the chance. Secondly, it was at a site that was for bridal pieces. Seriously. Third, just what is it? It seems to be a tin, in the shape of a heart, with an octo in relief.

It just seems to fit together like chicken and waffles.

It makes my brain hurt.

Attachments

• conv_289683.jpg
    conv_289683.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 92
Ceph Furniture...Thimble

I know, I know...

Some of these might not be furniture so to speak; but the term is wide open. I use it in terms of yes, the physical nature of what we can sit and eat on, but also the physical things we might have and display about the house.

This is one of couple of octo-thimbles I have seen. It is the better of the two by far.

Attachments

• conv_289694.jpg
    conv_289694.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 102
Donnerboy;79882 said:
I am not sure what this is exactly, but it chaps my ...buttocks.

First of all, the site that had it is impossible to find. It was all of $8.00 and I wish I had gotten it when I had the chance. Secondly, it was at a site that was for bridal pieces. Seriously. Third, just what is it? It seems to be a tin, in the shape of a heart, with an octo in relief.

It just seems to fit together like chicken and waffles.

It makes my brain hurt.

I actually found that at least at Roscoe's, chicken and wafles go together just fine. I recognize the design on the bridal tin - it's one of the older Eastern Med. designs (not sure if it's yet another Minoan variant, I'll have to look that up), but don't think the heart-shaped box it graces is a copy of any particular vintage.

As for the kaiju octopus bottle-top, I got mine for about $4.50 from a shop on Bagley in Culver City. I'll tell you the name of the place as soon as my friend calls me back with it. It's the only place with sci-fi/comic models in the general vicinity of the Culver Hotel (where the little people all went berzerk during the filming of The Wizard of Oz).

Out of Topic

erich orser;79944 said:
I actually found that at least at Roscoe's, chicken and wafles go together just fine.

OMG! Someone else who've tried Roscoes and found that yes, chicken and waffles DO go together. Whenever I try and drag any friend there, I get a look of utter disgust.

Akyu;79946 said:
OMG! Someone else who've tried Roscoes and found that yes, chicken and waffles DO go together. Whenever I try and drag any friend there, I get a look of utter disgust.

Sheesh. Some friends. There's a 'Scoes a mile or so downhill from my house... but before that one was around, I made a point of trying out the one in Hollywood(?) after hearing that the one in "Tapeheads" was real.

Is there one up near you in Berkeley now?

Ceph Furniture...Cane

Here is a piece of human furniture.

This is a unique cane I saw online. I wish it had better tentacle work, but with the sparkle and the overall look, it's pretty cool.

Attachments

• conv_289701.jpg
    conv_289701.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 92
Yay for those who spoke-up for Roscoes, boo for all of us who wanted to learn the location of that Culver City shop. It was called Time Traveller. Now it's a dental office. No more kaiju models. They went out of business. This realy sucks, because no more Dr. Who or other British Sci-fi stuff (they specialized in this), no more Hammer horror, it's all gone. Darn. This stinks. A friend who lived up the street just called me bacck. Incidentally, this is the same friend who paid for the r & d on the massive Cthulhu costume. God bless his misguided, twisted heart. Hooray for giant walking Cthulhu monsters! Here's a man who spends his money well!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back