Ceph Furniture...

Your posting of these items is always a sheer delight, good sir! Personally, I love that door handle.

Ahhh...the praise of one's peers...

I'm gushing,

Seriously though, I am truly glad people enjoy it. I was so badly burned by seeing 20,000 Leagues when I was seven that I have as yet to recover.

I love searching for these pieces and showing them to those (you) that can appreciate same.

If you want some real fun, read The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Vol's I, II & the Black Dossier arriving this month. Similar to my own thoughts, everything that Nemo has is strewn and decorated with cephs and tentacles as if he survived the attack on his ship, but was never the same.

Also, don't forget to check back on my Ceph Items & Jewelry thread at: Ceph items and jewelry collection.... I recently added a stainless steel can coozie decorated with an octopus that has been getting me a lot of compliments of late.

~Will

PS: Oh, and thanks Tony for the rating.

Ceph Furniture...Bathroom

OK, normally I do not go for the cutesy stuff. However, if you have children or even nieces and nephews, there is no harm in pushing one's agenda.

That being said, I saw this stuff on ebay and at Target. It is a kid's bathroom set with a soap dish, a liquid soap dispenser, and a toothbrush holder.

They are about $8-11 a piece. So, something for the kids...

Attachments

• conv_289548.jpg
    conv_289548.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 156
  • conv_289550.jpg
    conv_289550.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 152
  • conv_289549.jpg
    conv_289549.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 136
Ceph Furniture...Fictional Mirror

I know what you're thinking...What's a fictional mirror other than what Alice used?

Well as I have previously stated, there is some wonderful ceph inspired art and furniture in Nemo's sub in the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. In the background one can see Nemo's ceph infatuation in a mirror in one of the stateroom's inhabited by a one Dr. Jeckyl.

It's wonderful and Victorian with long golden tentacles an shaped mantles along the rim.

I think I'll pull out my scroll saw this weekend...

Attachments

• conv_289552.jpg
    conv_289552.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 128
Ceph Furniture...Box

I am almost loathe to put this up as to the mad dash this may create. Though I do love their logo of a tentacle holding a two-olive martini glass.

I found a site called www.kthulhukitsch.com. They have a few wacky things including prayer type candles to ward of destruction, some trinkets, and this little box.

Attachments

• conv_289562.jpg
    conv_289562.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 134
Ceph Furniture...Gate

Now here is something special.

It is from Sparks Steel Art Gallery; and it makes me want to design my own.

Attachments

• conv_289564.jpg
    conv_289564.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 102
Ceph Furniture...Tiles

Wow,

I found these at www.gaylebright.com. They are pricey at $108 a tile (12" x 12"), but if you really, really want to decorate with that extra flair...

Attachments

• conv_289566.jpg
    conv_289566.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 99
  • conv_289567.jpg
    conv_289567.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 105
Ceph Furniture...Vase

This "jar" is a vase by Michael Anderson.

Personally, though I cannot afford it, it is one of my favorites. Notice how it becomes 3-D. The painted and slightly raised armes on the jar rise up into the lid which sports a full mantle as a handle.

Attachments

• conv_289575.jpg
    conv_289575.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 103
Ceph Furniture...Frame

This is a great frame.

It is from Disney and is a part of their 20,000 Leagues shop. It of course looks like a big piece of machinery, with a black and menacing squid on deck.

Attachments

• conv_289576.jpg
    conv_289576.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 97
Ceph Furniture...Harp

Furniture? Maybe not, but at least some type of home decor for the musician who's ready to rock the Seven Sea!

This is a great one of a kind harp I found an image of online. It has a number of creatures from the deadly depths in its spine, but our most notable is the octo at the bottom.

Attachments

• conv_289587.jpg
    conv_289587.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 128

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back