• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

[Octopus Eggs]: Zyan's Babies - Please report in!!!

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Has anyone noticed a decrease in interaction as they are aging? Spike has become content to only seek me out when he wants food. He's huge. Size of a Grapefruit curled up. He swims across the tank. He really should be in a bigger tank, like a 100 gal. I did not expect him to reach the size that he has.

DHyslop

Architeuthis
Registered
Mr. O. is still very interactive--he'll grab on to me even if he has just eaten (or in some cases if he still is). Mr. Octopus is much smaller than Spike, though, perhaps the size of a small orange curled up.

Dan

I'de say that Sla'neesh is still very interactive. He's always up for a game of "tug o war". Although lately he's been getting into rearranging the rock work more than ever. I'm blaming the fact that he watches all those home improvement shows with my wife all day!:lol:

steveboo

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
Well ,I am sad to say that Stretch has passed on.I arrived home from work yesterday to find the tank cloudy (with ink I presume) and my worst fears where true ,Stretch was dead.There was a definate lack of interaction and activity the last month or so. Thank you all for your help and advice as this was my first octo.
Steve

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
RIP Stretch :angelpus:

Stretch was one of Zyan Silver's bimacs and was almost a year old.

Sorry for your loss - Stretch lived with you for a long time.

Nancy

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Mr. Octopus was celebrating his first birthday, so that means that all of Zyan's bimacs had a birthday.

Who's left, other than Mr. Octopus?

Nancy

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justforher

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan