• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

[Octopus Eggs]: Zyan's Babies - Please report in!!!

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Cool!!! Spike had my hand for a good ten minutes. Freaked me a little. I had put a large green lego in with him, but I think he got spooked after it was in there for while as he inked 3 times in a day, but since I removed it, he's been fine. Also tonight I defrosted the frozen prawn petshops sell, and he was all over it, even taking the serpentstars share right out of the poor things mouth!

Mizu

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
I got Gir and Dib from Zyan
I keep them in a 150 gal tank
Gir is out going and agressive while Dib hides in the castle most of the time
have been some entaglements but nothing serious
just one roaming looking for something to eat and bump into the other one.
Hopefully if i keep them well fed and happy they wont eat eachother

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
So far these are the bimac siblings from zyan silver:

Mizu Gir and Dib (2 bimacs)
DHyslop Sleipner
seeveboo Stretch
corw314 Spike
Brock Fluharty Blinky
caz2022 Sla'nesh
octo joe 2 bimacs

Please correct me if there are any errors, and if there are more siblings out there, please report in!

Nancy

NOT in MY house!!!

Well I guess Sla'neesh doesn't like roommates. I was at the LFS buying some fiddlers and noticed that they had Mollies on sale for $.99. I picked up two of them (2-3"s long) and aclimated them to saltwater. I gave Sla'neesh three of his fiddlers and introduced the Mollies about an hour later. At first he didn't seem to mind them at all. They swam around and seemed to be enjoying there new home. When I checked about a week later there was one missing. While watching TV last night I caught a glimpse of Sla'neesh motoring around the tank chasing the remaining Molly. This morning it was gone. While I plan on keeping Sla'neesh on a fiddler/krill diet does anyone see any issues if I toss in a couple Mollies once in a while for "sport"?

tywtly

GPO
Registered
Well, you really shouldn't feed FW to SW. I don't remember exactly what it does, but it can eventually kill them. I'm not an expert though...very far from it.

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Is Davey one of Zyans? How much has he grown since you received him? Does he play with any toys offered?

Today, Jess and I are hitting Toys R Us baby section and hope to come home with some different toy options for Spike. He too now comes up to the waterline for his shrimp. Funny to see these legs coming out of the water grasping at anything he can get his legs on. I'm not brave enough to let him "catch" me again!:smile:

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duckie99

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak