• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

[Octopus Eggs]: Zyan's Babies - Please report in!!!

Mizu

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Yeah that was my thought but the whole thing ?
Gir was kinda big...
any way moot point
Dib died last night
was eating...then stopped...then was eating again...then stopped.
Strange critters. cant seem to figure out why they do what they do.
Dib was always reclusive. Gir was always in the open. I guess when they spread it out like that survival will favor ONE of them.
RIP Dib..and Belatedly Gir

steveboo

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
Stretch Update

Hello all,
I finally got time to give an update and post some pics. Stretch is doing great,I have been feeding him every other day with frozen shrimp,clams, muscles, and crabs.I like to watch him splitting clams open and dragging them back to his den.Here are some pics of him with his favorite toy, a magfloat.I have tried other toys but he seems to like his magfloat the best.He will chase it around the tank when Im cleaning the glass and pull it right off the glass when Im not around.Well thats all I have for now, thanks again Zy,What great pets these creatures make. Steve

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Stretch looks great and about the same size as Spike. We hit the local seafood market who's name happens to be "Spikes' Seafood" and got some bay scallops and giant shrimp for Spike. He ate 2 scallops and came back looking for more! So far up to 3. They are about an 1" in size so he's had 3 of them so far. I remember Ollie, Nancy's octopus used to love them! Looks like we have another one that does too!

DHyslop

Architeuthis
Registered
Mr. Octopus is still with us and just survived a move. He hasn't grown as large as Spike; his mantle is maybe the size of a lime. We've been feeding him a small or medium fiddler crab either daily or every other day.

Dan

Sla'neesh is doing great,despite his run in with the mantis. He's taking large shrimp every other day. He begs when its feeding time. He'll come to the surface, roll over on his back, spread out his arms, and wave them till I give him the shrimp. I think he has a crush on Patrick, the CC star, in there with him since he spends alot of time "holding hands" with it.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justforher

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak