Taking the octo dip, Again

dbbga

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Yes the update.........The litle one is still doing nicely. She has made her home under the LR at night and during the day keeps watch inside a little hole on the top of the LR :lol: She is eating very well as the open clams are evident, also she is showing amazing color changes when you get to close or use a flash light( she hates the flashlight :hmm: ) SO far she is doing so well and Im like a kid again..

OK here are the three names now we are choosing from:

Meg
Lilly
Dotti

what do you guys think?

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Must be so cute! Dotti is a nice octo name, too.

Have you tried a flashlight with a red lens - she shouldn't react to the red light.

Nancy

dbbga

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Well we have decided on the name, Dottie. She is doing very well. Dottie is eating baby clams left and right. I also have this light that is used for what I dont know, but it is wore on your head with a strap and it has white and red light so it works pretty good. How do I update the Octo Data base?? It doesnt seem to work. Anyway Dotti is doing great...

Deb

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Welcome to Dotti! :welcome:

Glad to hear that she's off to a good start.

Unfortunately, the Octo Database didn't make the transfer to the new software. Right now I'll add her to the Bimac Siblings list at the top of the Jounals and Photos Forum.

Question for you: what exactly are you keeping her in? Is it like a round ball that floats, or is it a rectangular container on the sand?
Confining the baby bimacs to a smaller space seems to be very successful. They can get more used to seeing you, too.

Keep us posted!

Nancy

dbbga

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Dottie is in a small rectangle shaped critter keeper that i got from Wally world. I had to place panty hose over the lid because she was so amall she would have gotten out of the little slats at the top.She seems to be doig really good this morning and the red light is helping alot. LOL she cant see the red light and I cant see with it, in the morning LOL :razz:

Deb