• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

Taking the octo dip, Again

dbbga

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Well after a much needed rest from octos, and the bad experience with cuttles I have decided to get another Bimac. I enjoyed the Bimacs the most so thats what it will be. Will keep you informed of the little ones new arrival.

Dbbga

dbbga

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Have everything set for the new arrival this coming Sat. Getting ONE octo :wink: and 200 baby clams. Yes Im going with the Bimac this time, dont think I could handle 200 babies again :razz: Tank is doing really well now and all params are doing great. Installed a HUGE protien skimmer I got locally, WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!!! DOH

Will keep you updated when the little one gets here on Sat.

Deb

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Wonderful news! I'm sure your new bimac will enjoy the big tank you have now.

What brand of protein skimmer did you buy? I like mine, but it makes a lot of noise.

Nancy

dbbga

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Its an Oceanic Plus series 6 Its used from a guy in the DFW forum we talked about, I put it in the sump underneath the tank and it works so much better than the sea clone I had on there

dbbga

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
It gets here Today, Sat. Its 3am in the morning and i cant sleep. Tank Params are good, all power heads are secure, have a critter cage that it will be in for a few months, I think it will get lost in this big tank if I dont. I cant wait............

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Hi Debbie!

Hope you update lots today!!! I should be snowed in by afternoon so will be lurking for updates!! Critter cage is a great idea! Lil P did very well in it for a few weeks!!! Good luck with the delivery and acclimation!!

Any news on the arrival yet????It's 11:30EST so shouldn't he be at your door shortly???

Carol

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gary T

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak