• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

setting up octo tank, want suggestions

Reptiboy

Cuttlefish
Registered
well ive made up my mind that im setting up a tank for Octopus bimaculatus, i was hoping to hear personal experiences, what to feed it and if my equipment list is ok.

lights: single strip PC fixture
filter: HOB magnum canister filter
skimmer: coralife super skimmer needle wheel skimmer rated for 220gal
fuge: in tank w/ rio powerhead

Jon

:welcome:

I guess the best way to start to answer your questions is for you to read the ceph care articles. They are chock full of good advice. What size tank were you planning on? 50G is the minimum really! As for food, crabs, shrimps (marine!), amphipods for wee octis, some will take clams. Some octis learn to take (thawed) frozen food others demand live food all the time!!!

Cheers

J

question, i have just converted over from a 90 gal FOWLR, will that effect anything and r octos really ok w/ trates and not trites? i thot it was the other way around

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back