Seeking Ceph Realted Items For Educational Purposes

WIth lots of Thanks

What an amazing show of thoughfulness I have experienced on this website, I can't thank all of you enough for all you help. I am wondering if anybody knows how I may post a little picture of Dylan somewhere for you to see if you are interested, I have a few cute photos of him with his microscope and our recent study of grocery store squid parts:smile: Also wondering if anyone knows where I might find a plush of stuffed animal of a squid. He is wise beyond his years but still likes something to cuddle at night. Right now it is his blue-ringed octopus by Wild Republic (yup I found one of those, but no squid yet!) I read him an article recently about hobbyists selling blue-rings for aquarists not knowing what they were and Dylan got all in an uproar and said "mommy they can't do that , those are poisonous" . He is very fond of his stuffed one though! He has a giant octopus, but it is far too big to sleep with! He has asked numerous times about a squid, but i haven't been able to locate one yet. Thanks so much for the post about the lightswitch covers, I am going to get one, it will make a wonderful addition to his squid-tastic room. ( I am no picasso, but I thought I did an okay job painting the squid unil Dylan started pointing out my mistakes!) Also Still looking for a neat poster or print of squid if anyone has suggestions on where to find one. Thanks again so much to everyone, you guys have been a tremendous help:smile:

tina

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
I got one a plush squid for valentine's day: http://www.tonmo.com/community/index.php?threads/3939/#post-94421

It looks like that particular one is no longer available from Amazon or TheBigZoo, but there's a new model:

http://www.thebigzoo.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=13617

or through amazon at:

http://www.amazon.com/Cuddly-Giant-...e=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1180537175&sr=8-4

If you're really feeling over the top (and rich), you can go here for a handmade life-sized giant squid:

http://www.modernsquid.com/

Wow, you guys make me say thanks a LOT

Thank you to Monty for reccommending sites for squid plush, I don't know how over the top I am feeling for that huge archi, but I will wait for a reply as to what the cost for such a beast is, and I will let you know. Of course Dylan can't sleep with that big thing! He can sleep on i though! The one from the big zoo is absoloutely perfect, I am throwing it in the shopping cart! This is great, he reminds me of Loinus from Charlie Brown with the blanket the way he carries around his blue ring, now he will have something new to carry around (he takes these things everywhere, even the grocery store:smile: Thanks a whole bunch, Ill keep you updated on that bohemouth squid, it is pretty cool, I will be curious to see how much they want for it.

Thanks
Tina K

Well....

Update on the stuffed Giant squid search. The squid from the big zoo is definently coming home, but the other REALLY GIANT squid, will have to wait for Donald Trump to adopt him! Some of Archi's smaller friends are more reasonable, so we may look into those, they also do custom orders, so we may also ask them to quote a smaller squid, maybe 3 feet instead of 15! and he is 4, so it doesnt need to be made out of $50 a yard fabric, so it may still be a possibility. Thanks for the help!

Tina

Any thoughts?

Anyone have any ideas on any DVD's on cephs? I got nothing. Dylan's got blue planet, and IMAX deep sea, thats about it. I have Steve O ' Shea's special and Kubadera's special and killer squid(I didn't win the spelling bee , please forgive me if I botched his name) on tivo, but thats all i can find. I found something once mentioning a PBS special, but never was able to find anything on it. I also can't find one prgram specifically on octopus. there are octopus here and there on some of the programs, but none specifically dedicated to them that I can find. Just curious! Thanks as always, you guys are all great!

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
tinak3531;95740 said:
Anyone have any ideas on any DVD's on cephs? I got nothing. Dylan's got blue planet, and IMAX deep sea, thats about it. I have Steve O ' Shea's special and Kubadera's special and killer squid(I didn't win the spelling bee , please forgive me if I botched his name) on tivo, but thats all i can find. I found something once mentioning a PBS special, but never was able to find anything on it. I also can't find one prgram specifically on octopus. there are octopus here and there on some of the programs, but none specifically dedicated to them that I can find. Just curious! Thanks as always, you guys are all great!

Here's a good starting point, where Toren collected a bunch of ceph documentary info:

http://www.tonmo.com/community/index.php?threads/5349/

thanks monty! Im new to the site, and had i spent a little more time looking, I may have found that thread on my own, but it was much quicker with your assistance:smile: there are quite a few on there he may not have seen, still a sadly short list though isn't it? I think O'Shea needs to make another one, ha ha. He sure hooked Dylan at "CAT scan" :smile: thanks again

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Tina,

I have purchased, received but not viewed :oops: this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Indonesia-Matin...tcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Very nice guy that made it but I can't recommend it for sure yet until I take the time to view his photography. He has travelled a lot and makes the videos as a sideline hobby. He can ship the CD without the case for about half of what it costs with the case and will include the paper case cover if you choose the cheaper shipping method. You can email him through eBay (fortunately, he has no problem with English).

Scott Cassell also makes appearances on TONMO and is an expert on the Humbolt (try searching scott cassell and/or posts by gonetobaja). This is one link that mentions a couple of videos on these agressive squid:

http://www.tonmo.com/community/index.php?threads/5520/&highlight=humbolt

:smile:

whenever you are able to watch that one, if you have time, let me know how it is, i will look in to those on the humboldt, dylan just loves those its his 2nd favorite squid (behind archituthis of course) favorite octopus, grimptoteuthis, he loves dumbo and has a pitiful "almost" one painted on his wall. ( hey, i tried:smile: any thoughts on where to find anything on that elusive little guy? "the deep " segment of blue planet mentions him, but very briefly, may be due to the fact that not much is known about him? even that 80 pound book "Ocean" has like 10 sentences on dumbo, any thoughts?

Latest Posts