• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Questions

nikoli66

Cuttlefish
Registered
Hey everyone:

First thing....my octo I've had for about a month now. He's doing better each day. However, as of yesterday, he's left his den and found a large shell to live in. Is this normal to move around changing dens? I've also noticed some small white "things" growing on my glass and in various spots in the tank especially where his old den was. What is that? Same stuff I believe that you see on your filter sometimes.

Thanks,
Matt

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
It's totally normal for them to change dens! In fact human prepared ones are usually rejected ....no matter how careful you are! Just keep a few shells etc in the tank then you have the fun of "find the octopus" games :lol:

J

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
can you clarify "white things" ? Do you mean aptasia, calcium deposits, hard algae...???

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grantbey

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak