• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Questions

nikoli66

Cuttlefish
Registered
Hey everyone:

First thing....my octo I've had for about a month now. He's doing better each day. However, as of yesterday, he's left his den and found a large shell to live in. Is this normal to move around changing dens? I've also noticed some small white "things" growing on my glass and in various spots in the tank especially where his old den was. What is that? Same stuff I believe that you see on your filter sometimes.

Thanks,
Matt

It's totally normal for them to change dens! In fact human prepared ones are usually rejected ....no matter how careful you are! Just keep a few shells etc in the tank then you have the fun of "find the octopus" games :lol:

J

can you clarify "white things" ? Do you mean aptasia, calcium deposits, hard algae...???

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back