Portobello Diary

We use (or did) "see a man about a horse" in stead of dog

Here a bum is someone who does not work and sponges freebees where he can. Sometimes they are called hobos and are depicted with all of their posessions tied in a bundle at the end of a stick so a bum bag would not be a well received commercial item.:biggrin2:

AND THE WINNER IS...........

Whitu (pronounced Fitoo) which is Te Reo Maori for 'Seven' as he has only seven arms. We had 200 entries and this was the most popular with seven (? :biggrin2:) entries, the eventual winner was drawn on a local radio station!

Portobello Diary

It has been suggested that I keep a journal on the various cephs we keep at Portobello, so here goes

1st up sad news.......Whitu passed away 2 days ago, he'd been showing signs of butt burn and had escaped in a couple of previous occasions but this time was once too many, so we are currently cephless and will be until the boats go out after the holiday period.

RIP Whitu :angelpus: :cry:

Sad about Whitu. I don't remember any others dying unnaturally, even the crazy one that kept finding his way to the drain.

I am excited that you will start keeping a journal though since we rarely get to glimpse what goes on behind the scenes at a public aquarium.

Good idea to do a journal on your cephs at Portobello. There have been some colorful stories about them in the past.

Sorry you lost Whitu. RIP Whitu :angelpus:

Nancy

The crab looks like our decorator crabs. They are well accepted and the hunting style of the briareus is well suited to an animal that does not move much but they don't give the octo much "excersize".

Hey Jean,

I think this is a great idea I'd love to keep up with what's going on at PML. I do miss it water changes on tanks there are so much easier than my current aquarium!, plus I miss playing with the big fellas they will only let me have a common octopus here although I have pimped up her tank by getting one way glass fitted which is brilliant plus a cuttle tank is in the works :smile:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back