• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Podcasting

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
As a former DJ and program director (in college), I'm interested in knowing...

There'd be much cephy news and updates I could cover in a weekly show, don't you think?

But when a tree falls in the middle of the woods...

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
plus we might be able to cut together a ceph-oke album from all the groaners-caliber lyrics we have laying around.....

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
I'd have a weekly interview (most often with a TONMO.com member of one kind or another), news updates, community updates, and yes, sometimes a little music (if only clips). There's plenty out there that's relevant. The show would probably last about 30 minutes per week, tops. It'd be fun...

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Could you get the rights to use the song "Octopus" by Syd Barrett?

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
Squidman said:
I would listen to that every week religiously.
Awesome! So long as I have at least one person I can count on for this, it's worth pursuing.

Melissa, yes, you should certainly be able to access this via your PC.

Gaetan, cool!

Erich, on the Site FAQ, in small font at the top of the page, there's a quote from that song. It's one of the first pieces of content ever put up on the site, when it was founded ~ May 30, 2005... (five-year anniversary coming up!)

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
Either speakerphone or a direct plugin from my line to my PC. I should be getting Voice over IP (VoIP) services from Comcast a bit later this year so long distance shouldn't be a concern.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjh1951

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak