• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

COVID-19

qiazopus

Hatchling
Registered
Nope for A and B.

C: I'm an octopus researcher so my fieldwork and research plans are definitely affected:frown: Also, I was looking forward to TONMOCON in October but it seems risky to be booking any flights at this point of time D':

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
I hear you - the longer this goes on, the more risk to the event, for sure. Stay home and stay safe, everyone! I'm still a no for A & B.

sedna

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Staff member
Both of my girls are completely moved home from campus, and in the swing of online university. John is an engineer, and able to work from home. However, he is also in charge of the Internet and all the computer systems at work – so he is frequently running back to the office to fix things or get someone at home hooked back up into the network.

The governor of Michigan put a “shelter in place“ order on Monday, but we had pretty much already been doing that. I live in one of the largest counties of Michigan, Wayne, we have 417 cases with nine deaths. The assumption is that the Detroit area is going to be hit very hard due to the poverty that already existed.

As an after school teacher, I have been off work for two weeks- and will be for at least another two. Thankfully for all of us, John’s job is nowhere in jeopardy, and our finances are only lightly affected by the absence of my paycheck. Mostly no more “fun stuff” until I’m working again…. Good thing I got that new little octopus from KP aquatics two weeks ago! 🤣

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
@tonmo, maybe the Phillies won't get a shot (again :wink: ) at the pennant this year but their uniforms may server a higher purpose

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shakyamuni

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak