• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

Photos from the Museum of Natural History, Vienna

Sordes

Wonderpus
Registered
Last week I was in Vienna, and visited the Museum of Natural History. Besides many many other highly interesting things, there were also some really interesting fossils and some nice reconstructions of cephalopods, which could be interesting for some of you, so I wanted to post some photos I made.

Attachments

Sordes

Wonderpus
Registered
Now something for Aptychus-fans. This wonderful and highly interesting ammonite (probably from Solnhofen) has not only a preserved aptychus, but also preserverd contents of its stomach, which consists of relics of some kind of crustaceen and mini-aptychi of other ammonites (second picture).

Attachments

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuroraVK

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak