octosimpsons

I have to pick up The Simpsons on DVD. But Bender will always have a special place in my heart (but not my wallet!) :P

I remember getting frustrated once in my invert zoology class. I took the "gurney" which held the Dosidicus specimen, started wheeling it out of the lab saying "Well, let's get lootin'!". Needless to say. my teacher was weirded out.

Sushi and Sake,

John

well, i know season 2 of futurama and season 3 of simpsons are supposed to be out in july and sept (cant remember which is which), but as much as i love futurama, season 3 is hands down one of the best for the simpsons... so that has first priority, after i become a tonmo supporter... (given current situations, all three may take a while, but will eventually happen)

:cthulhu: :heart: :beer:

Hey there....

wait a minute I happen to be a fan of Zima - and am in no way a college sorority girl. They didn't even have sororities where I went to college. I like the Z cuz of its clean taste and high alcohol content. Additionally, due to its perceived girliness, if I bring a six pack of Zima to a party, generally nobody bogarts any. :beer: :glass: :wine: :cheers:

it never registered how many drink oriented emoticons we have....

zima just gets picked on because it was ahead of the curve on the alco-pop/malternative thing.... theyre not bad, just too sweet.... i probably cxouldnt tell one from another in a taste test....

hey john, how about a st. pauli's exclusion principle girl?

:cthulhu: :heart: :beer:

in the futurama episode "the farnsworth paradox" leela has a cardboard box (parallel universe) stuck on her head as she runs around, with several tentacles hanging out....

Re: Hey there....

lithographette said:
wait a minute I happen to be a fan of Zima - and am in no way a college sorority girl. :beer: :glass: :wine: :cheers:

Aye, just pullin' your tentacles... :smile: I'm not really a zima fan, but I occasionally like sweet drinks. I can make mixed drinks using unfiltered sake (Ginjo), and they usually end up sweet.

I had a few bad run-ins with the local sororities and frats. My experience is if you leave them alone, and keep a flew flamethrowers and covert-ops troops handy, they'll leave you alone.

Peace in the midwater

Sushi and Sake,

John

Hey y'all! There is something to be said for sweet alcoholic drinks. Speaking as one who has had four glasses (though admittedly not too big) of Manischewitz at a single meal, once a year, since young adulthood, I have developed a fondness for sweet wines as well as dessert-y cordials such as Chambord, Creme de Menthe, Creme de Cacao, Bailey's Irish Cream, Vandermint, etc.

Yo, John, if you're ever around Noo Yawk way, mix me up one of those sweet saké drinks and I will buy you the animé film of your choice from Amazon.... :mrgreen:

L'chayim,
Tani

actually, i blend my own type of wine with an extremely easy recipe (what will that get me? :smile: ) take a fifth (or 1.5L if your thirsty) of blackberry Manischewitz (the other flavours arent too friendly, especially the concord grape) and mix it with an equal amount of wild vines blackberry... the wild vines will bring the alcohol down to 9% (from 12) and the sweetness and mellowness of the two wines will even each other out....

Taking it up to '11',
The Goyim Gaijin :wine:

WhiteKiboko said:
actually, i blend my own type of wine with an extremely easy recipe (what will that get me? :smile: ) take a fifth (or 1.5L if your thirsty) of blackberry Manischewitz (the other flavours arent too friendly, especially the concord grape) and mix it with an equal amount of wild vines blackberry... the wild vines will bring the alcohol down to 9% (from 12) and the sweetness and mellowness of the two wines will even each other out....

Taking it up to '11',
The Goyim Gaijin :wine:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Shalom and Konichiwa, WK! Send a batch of the stuff up here, and we can market it as "Mesonychoschewitz" -- smooth, strong, plenty of bite, and preservative-free (no ammonia).

Kinda reminds me of the time my college buddy Marie's brother Marco was on leave from the USAF, and mixed up a batch of something called "Air Force Bash" for Marie and her friends. The recipe involved dumping a little of every liquor and/or wine in the house into a big mixing bowl, and then chugging it. (Marco said the one he made wasn't completely authentic, because the real thing had to be mixed in a large, unwashed garbage can -- to enhance the flavor, of course.) I wasn't there, which I guess was a mixed blessing: I missed all the hilarity, but then again I didn't have to puke my guts out the next morning either. :mrgreen:

Hmmm, do you suppose we could get Steve-O' and Kat to mix up some "TONMO Bash" in an unwashed dissection sink?

Two-Hundred-Proof Tani :wine:

Not everything I drink is sweet, my old standby is the Absolut and tonic.

However, when I first became of legal age, I "invented" a drink which I named after myself - the Veronica, which is sweet but not too sweet, there is also a variation called the Holy Veronica:

To make just one Veronica
Take 2 oz ( or more depending on yr taste) absolut vodka (or your favorite brand)
1 oz Frangelico
and two International Delights hazelnut creamers
Serve over ice

To make a pitcher of Veronica's I use Rice Dream Vanilla Rice milk instead of the international delights

You can use flavoured vodka if you like - orange is nice

The Holy Veronica is the same as above, but you stir and dissolve a spoonfull or more of nutella in the ricemilk or creamer before adding it to the Vodka

Ummmmm sugary and alcoholic, just like me!
:glass:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back