• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

Octopus - SmartyPants???

I read in one of the old threads that octos are the 9th smartest creature on Earth; ahead of squirrels but not as "smart" as dogs or cats, who just sit around, lick themselves, and sleep all day.

um...

Architeuthis
Registered
Someone should arrange for a game of chess to be played between a dog or cat and an octopus. Who would demonstrate superior strategic thinking?

NickA5582 said:
I read in one of the old threads that octos are the 9th smartest creature on Earth; ahead of squirrels but not as "smart" as dogs or cats, who just sit around, lick themselves, and sleep all day.
Some days, sitting around and sleeping seems like the smartest thing anyone could do. I know my cat will never be as good at problem solving as any cephalopod. There's no problem she can't sleep through.

Melissa

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuroraVK

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak