Hello TONMO Community!

I have endless praise for this page and the posts that keep it rolling, keeping me close to the sea and these glorious creatures from octopus-less-London!

By way of introduction, I have just graduated with a Master’s in Biodesign from Central Saint Martins, UAL. I produced a short documentary essay, Octopussy: Cellular Lingerie, that merges both the natural and social sciences with design for an erotic exploration into culture, meat, and cultured meat. The cellular lingerie is used as a prop to open up the debate around ''humanity's conflicted desire for flesh, technological novelty, and ecological ethics'' (Catts, 2018) via the elusive, fetishised, and spectacular creature that is the octopus.

It features zoom and in-person interviews with —
Oron Catts, Artist & Scientist, SymbioticA
Jenny Kleeman, Author & Journalist, Sex Robots & Vegan Meat
Diego Santos Parada, Octopus Fisherman, O Grove
Adam Shaw, Fishmonger & Fisherman, Something Fishy Chichester
Ricardo Tur, Lead Aquaculturist, Pescanova Biomarine Centre

Documentary link:

I am posting on here because this is the source of all things octopus related and I think what the interviewees have to say is worthy of dissemination, but also (of course!) to receive any constructive feedback on the documentary -- whether from octopus appreciators or those who study them for a living, all feedback is welcome.

I hope this post is allowed on here and some of you watch and enjoy it!! :smile: You will learn about octopuses, their presence in the cultural imagination, and the (potential) future of protein production.

Kit Ondaatje Rolls 🐙

Attachments

• HEADER IMAGE OK.PNG
    HEADER IMAGE OK.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_8112.png
    IMG_8112.png
    15.9 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8114.png
    IMG_8114.png
    18.2 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8115.png
    IMG_8115.png
    14.4 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8116.png
    IMG_8116.png
    15.9 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_8117.png
    IMG_8117.png
    12.6 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8119.png
    IMG_8119.png
    16.7 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8121.png
    IMG_8121.png
    10.9 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_8118.png
    IMG_8118.png
    13.2 MB · Views: 27
  • soioioide WAAA omg blugh.PNG
    soioioide WAAA omg blugh.PNG
    18.4 MB · Views: 27

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back