• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octopus Availability

Reefscavengers.com apparently has bimacs. They have 4 left right now. Does anyone have experience with reefscavengers?

I have experience with Reefscavengers. They still owe me 389 dollars that they have been promising me for over a year. This is not a singular event, there are plenty of people with the same experience. I would not buy from them.

Reefscavengers definitely seem like a sketchy business. I'd stay away. I've had great luck with saltwaterfish.com and my last 2 octos. Also I had a blue linckia die in transit for my other reef tank, and they refunded it right back no question after I sent a picture. Usually they have hummelincki, occasionally some briaerus by photos they sent me. Hummelinckis are close to bimacs...check often as they get in stock and it goes quickly.

I bought from them 3 times. The fiorst two times I was very very pleased the third time I never received my stuff. After several emails I finally received a response and after about 2 months I did get my money refunded. So who knows?? Seemed weird to me that they had no phone number available.

Lots of people know. Read the links of testimonials on their site. Most of them turn sour a few posts in. If your stuff arrives alive, no problem. If there is a problem, big problem.
After my most recent email to them, saying that it would so much easier if they sent me the money they owe me so I could stop posting about how terrible they are (30+ emails over the last YEAR), I was sent 60 dollars. With no explanation. I asked why 60 and got a response that they would be sending me money every will until it was paid off. Now this is great news on the surface, but history shows that they promise to send money, then forget or don't and ignore further emails. Perhaps this time it will be different, but we'll see.
I was considering not posting until I got paid in full, but strong arming them seems to be the only way to get a response (I actually tracked down a phone number for the owner about a year ago and they refunded some of the money (it was originally more than 389). They changed phone numbers, became unlisted, and promised to send money several time but didn't until Monday). Perhaps they will read this and decide to send me the balance just to shut me up. :biggrin2:

Brock Fluharty;136302 said:
Wow. What went wrong with your purchase, if you don't mind me asking? Sounds like they are pressed for cash if they are making sporadic payments to you.

They said they have 6 more O.c. When they went to get them from their wholesaler they had all escaped. They said they could get more, but never did, then paid part of what they owed me and stopped responding to me. They did send me another 50 this week which is 110 of 389.

The two on reefscavengers are hummelincki (similar only in that they both have eye spots and are personable aquarium pets). They have IDed them correctly and mention a more appropriate tank size now (actually going overboard on the needed size) so I guess they have paid some attention to the id and advice they came for.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back