• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octopus Availability

Anyone looking for the ever popular "Atlantic octopus" in western New York? If so, Pets Plus in Lockport has one availible. He's been there for about two weeks. Poor guy doesn't look too happy in his little critter keeper. If divorces wern't so expensive,which would definitely be in my immediate future,I'd go get him myself.

That's a shame marine boy, but i'm sure everyone understands. Seems like several people have CB bimacs right now that need homes anyway though. If I were you, i'd get one for yourself (after your tank is stable) and keep it a hobby. Trying to make businesses out of hobbies ruins the fun.

The dwarfs that you sell lay large eggs and the young should be fairly easy to raise, if you can get food. Mysid shrimp and amphipods might be good starting food, then the ususal food that you feed the baby octos.

Nancy

The photograph of the octopus and the abalone were stolen from the old Octopets site. Therefore don't assume you'd get a bimac from these people. I'm skeptical about ordering from any site that doesn't have any information other than a "pay" button.

Dan

Should i seperate the eggs from the other octos?? Also i found two of the octos i was about to ship had a large white spot/ball on his mantle right above the two dark spots. Are these pregnate females?? I put them back in the tank???

Yes, you might want to separate them. Some people might want to buy eggs instead of octopuses, too.

They'd need small food like mysid shrimp, copepods or amphipods.

Nancy

Looking for Joubini or Mercatoris

Hi all -

I'm looking for a young Joubini or Mercatoris, perhaps even a Briarieus. My Briarieus recently died (old age and/or stress), and I'm looking to fill the void - NOT replace of course! I've contacted several internet sites only to be told that their species are wild caught and most likely a year old already... Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back