• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

New to the octo world

foxyroxy

Hatchling
Registered
New to the octo world. Im looking to get knowledge before starting my journey. Just getting my tank up and running so i have many months to learn.

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
Welcome, and thanks for joining TONMO! You've come to the right place. Since you're setting up your tank, please consider starting a thread about it in our Tank Talk forum (parameters, inhabitants, pics)... In the meantime, enjoy the research! :thumbsup:

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
:welcome:The first forum I would like to recommend reading for, "how to" is Octopus Care. Pay special attention to the Sticky Posts in blue at the top of the page. I suggest reading the posts in Posts with Info for New Octo Keepers to start (it includes suggestions for tank cycling and set up. The link is part of whole forum, Tank Talk, dedicated to tank environments.

For fun reading and vicarious keeping experience, read through some of our journals. The current most active will be @sedna 's O. briareus, Kestra

foxyroxy

Hatchling
Registered
:welcome:The first forum I would like to recommend reading for, "how to" is Octopus Care. Pay special attention to the Sticky Posts in blue at the top of the page. I suggest reading the posts in Posts with Info for New Octo Keepers to start (it includes suggestions for tank cycling and set up. The link is part of whole forum, Tank Talk, dedicated to tank environments.

For fun reading and vicarious keeping experience, read through some of our journals. The current most active will be @sedna 's O. briareus, Kestra
Thank you

Thank you. I will definitely be checking your suggestions out

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHF8

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak