• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

new skimmer...very happy!

AprylWillis

GPO
Registered
Everyone,

I would like to thank the people at Tonmo.com for attempting to help me with my stressful situation! I found a corallife light for $53 on ebay and a friend from my own hometown sold me a skimmer for a 110 gallon aquarium (oceanic) for $50.

I don't know know who suggested looking at Ebay for a light (jean or cuttlefish girl?) but thank you! :smile:

I watched him use the skimmer in salt-water, so I know it works how I want it to. He put on a makeshift valve so that I can control the bubble flow. He also told me where to buy cheap powerheads/mags at Homedepot.

I plan on updating my aquarium this summer and using and overflow system that I craft myself out of PVC for better water in-take and out-take. I'm also having my friend build a refugium so that I can use the skimmer as in-sump--then it will be amazing!

The skimmer is a model from the 1980's, so it's incredibly ugly, but I was very impressed with how durable it is.

I know this probably belongs in tank talk...but I'm so excited! I might get to have my cuttlefish after all!

-Apryl

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
I'm glad everything is working out well and that our Ceph Care members were able to help.

Nancy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjh1951

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak