• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

New Octopus ID

d.j.adams

Cuttlefish
Registered
Hi All,

I have now had my new octopus for 10 days, he is eating well (3 snails so far and although he is very nocturnal.
I am trying to ID what kind of Octopus he is, he was ordered as a small Common Octopus Vulgaris, which I have learned here in the UK most Octopus are labelled as Common Octopus, his mantle is about 1.5-2cm in length and from leg to leg about 10cm, his flesh is dark brown, and the tip of his mantle seems to be kind of white?????
I can not take a photo of him as I can not turn the flash off my camera and I don't want to stress him out or make him ink.
He is currently in a 30 UK gallon tank and if he is a Vulgaris he will be moved to my 120 gallon tank which is currently maturing in my garage.

Any Help Appreciated

Regards
Darren

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back