New Bimac

Fishfreak218

GPO
Registered
So, guess what?!?!?!?!?!
HE ATE FROZEN!!!!!!!!:party::party::cheers::!:
So, we got into the custom of me opening his tank which would make him get very active. Then I would hold the snail/hermit a few inches from him and just sit. After a few minutes I would place it [every time] on the same rock. This time, I took an empty snail shell and stuffed it with defrosted krill. I put it a few inches from him and he actually grabbed it this time but i pulled away [he grabbed my finger as well]. Then I placed it on the rock, took my hand out, and put the lid back on. He ate about 75% of the shrimp and mainly left legs and other small connective tissue [so he ate mostly meat!]
Im pretty excited since it was just starting to cost me [first I fed him one of my tanks whole clean up crew and I was just startnig to buy more!] Now I will only do so occasionally and let him finish off the clean up crew of the tank he is going into. He is doing really well and I think he has grown

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Yes, the stuffed snail shell is an idea to pass on!

Nice pics, fine little octopus!

Nancy

Fishfreak218

GPO
Registered
Ya,
im just hoping that he lives a long healthy life with me. It seems like every few threads there is one of an octopus dieing.... are they all coming from the same place? I think this might be something to consider as a cause of all the recent octo deaths. Maybe Im crazy but it seems like there is a lot lately... or I could just be crazy and its a random streak of bad luck.
just something to consider
-Josh

Latest Posts