• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

New Bimac

Here is some more pics for you guys! Good News, I convinced my dad to let me put him in the 50gallon tank, but my dad thinks that he needs like a 20g. :smile:
So anyway, Im glad about that... I'll be letting him free into his tank in another month or so just to make sure he is eating good and to collect the leftover hermits and snails so they dont get eaten. Anyway on to the pics:

4r7q3jo.jpg

4lt28h4.jpg

4y98ahe.jpg

4qpru43.jpg

oh of course not!
Haha, thats another reason why its gonna be another month before I let him out of his critter keeper and into his new tank, to get the fish that are in the 50g. out of it.
Also, does anyone else agree that this looks like a Bimac from those pictures^

Fishfreak218;99879 said:
oh of course not!
Haha, thats another reason why its gonna be another month before I let him out of his critter keeper and into his new tank, to get the fish that are in the 50g. out of it.
Also, does anyone else agree that this looks like a Bimac from those pictures^

I don't envy you. Catching fish is a total pain in the butt!

From all the pictures of Bimac's I've seen I'd say yes, definitely looks like a Bimac.

So, guess what?!?!?!?!?!
HE ATE FROZEN!!!!!!!!:party::party::cheers::!:
So, we got into the custom of me opening his tank which would make him get very active. Then I would hold the snail/hermit a few inches from him and just sit. After a few minutes I would place it [every time] on the same rock. This time, I took an empty snail shell and stuffed it with defrosted krill. I put it a few inches from him and he actually grabbed it this time but i pulled away [he grabbed my finger as well]. Then I placed it on the rock, took my hand out, and put the lid back on. He ate about 75% of the shrimp and mainly left legs and other small connective tissue [so he ate mostly meat!]
Im pretty excited since it was just starting to cost me [first I fed him one of my tanks whole clean up crew and I was just startnig to buy more!] Now I will only do so occasionally and let him finish off the clean up crew of the tank he is going into. He is doing really well and I think he has grown

Ya,
im just hoping that he lives a long healthy life with me. It seems like every few threads there is one of an octopus dieing.... are they all coming from the same place? I think this might be something to consider as a cause of all the recent octo deaths. Maybe Im crazy but it seems like there is a lot lately... or I could just be crazy and its a random streak of bad luck.
just something to consider
-Josh

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back