• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $50/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crytpo!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Nervous mother to be....

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Shipposhack,
Actually that was good timing because of a recent discussion (wish Tony would add the devil's advocate smiley I made specifically for Monty)

Animal Mother,
I was always curious but am now afraid to ask

Attachments

• conv_291739.gif
    conv_291739.gif
    13.3 KB · Views: 54
dwhatley;99741 said:
Shipposhack,
Actually that was good timing because of a recent discussion (wish Tony would add the devil's advocate smiley I made specifically for Monty)

Animal Mother,
I was always curious but am now afraid to ask

Full Metal Jacket originally, but I fostered wildlife at home when I worked at a local animal shelter so that was the nickname given to me by my roommate.

Any good news Delosa? Too soon to ask probably.

delosa

O. vulgaris
Registered
Nothing yet. She laid the eggs on the side of a piece of live rock so I can see the eggs really well. I just wish I knew how long it is going to take for the eggs to hatch.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Not having seen Full Metal Jacket (for numerous reasons) I am not familiar with the character but did a quick search and found a more interesting reference:

“Animal Mother” in Joseph Campbell’s Primitive Mythology, which quotes a Siberian informant: “Every shaman must have an animal-mother or origin mother. It is usually pictured in the form of an elk, less often as a bear. The animal lives independently, separated from the shaman. Perhaps it can best be imagined as the fiery force of the shaman that flies over the earth.” According to another source, “it is the embodiment of the prophetic gift of the shaman; it is the shaman’s visionary power, which is able to penetrate the past and future.”

You can have your thread back now, delosa :oops: sorry for the sidebar

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Our experience has been that eggs hatch in 4-6 weeks, depending on tank temperature (and possibly on the species?).

Nancy

Latest Posts