My Visit and Tour of OctoPets

Black96WS6

GPO
Registered
joel_ang said:
Thanks for sharing with us! It was real nice reading that and now i really wanna go there. Too bad it's not a possibility. By the way, were there any cuttles there?

They didn't have any cuttlefish at all there when I was there, only lots of eggs. But as soon as those eggs hatch, there will be lots of cuttlefish available! :biggrin2:

Well I'm happy to report Thomas is doing EXTREMELY well. He's already decimated my entire hermit crab population, and I can't find my shrimp or one of the fiddler crabs from Jim I dropped into the tank last night for him.

Now all I have to do is wait for him to get used to people (i.e. me :wink: )

I was able to snap a few photos, Thomas was curious about the camera and came over to the glass by his cave:

ThomasCheckingOutTheCamera.jpg

And here's another shot of him hanging out:

ThomasInHisCave_sm.jpg

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
This is a temporary lull for Octopets due to the loss of a whole generation of bimacs (who escaped back to the sea).

When the next generation hatches and it old enough, there will be plenty of bimacs for all.

One thing - don't rush it. Notice how much better these slightly older bimacs are doing. Don't be anxious to get one six weeks old - wait until they're at least two months old.

Nancy

Black96WS6

GPO
Registered
dodgersfan25 said:
hey Black96WS6, do u have to make an appointment with Jim to go down there?

Are you close to San Diego? If so it would be better to go down and get one than to have it shipped and risk him inking in the bag during shipment. That doesn't happen very often but it's still a risk compared to going and getting one yourself. YOU know you're going to be extremely careful with your package on the drive home. Unfortunately, not everyone else will be as careful.

Yes I did have to setup a time after work to go see him. I'm actually glad I got one a little older. Thomas is doing so well! I just fed him one of the crabs Jim gave me tonight. Thomas has learned how to find the crab with my help. He's actually learned, in just a couple days, to go where my yellow pen is pointing and that's where the crab's general location will be.

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
My bimac Ollie quickly learned to find a crab where I was pointing. So we hunted crabs together :smile:

Nancy

sneegs

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
I spoke with Jim's newly hired assistant today and he was saying three to four weeks but I'd wait a little longer. It sounds like the larger octos are having a better survival rate. Patience is a virtue in this hobby and good things come to those who wait.

kaotik

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
i live in SoCal and was also planning on taking a trip down to octopets when my tank is established and ready. Question: does octopets actually sell octo food or did he just give you a few "for the road"? I am trying to locate a local place to get live food for a bimac.