my octo keeps blowing these little white things out of it's den?

my octo keeps blowing these little white things out of her den i haven't seen it in 2 days because it went into it's den and pulled a shell over the opening. i don't know what it is so can someone please help me?

Octavarium

Wonderpus
Registered
Probably sand? Mine hides in his den sometimes using the shells of recent victims as a "door". Theres lots of sand particles on my live rock that he always kicks up when he moves.

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
quite posibly just going to the toilet... normally whitish in colour and often stringy...

he didn't come out today for feeding. he didn't come out to get food yesterday either. there's plenty of snails in there so he won't starve but he usually comes out for feeding time. any idea what to do? should i just wait?

Octavarium

Wonderpus
Registered
Doesnt seem like anything to worry about at this point, just let it be. Have you seen him eat any snails? What have you fed him before?

i feed him snails, hermit crabs, and fiddlers. but i haven't seen him eat anything. only a few hermit crabs yesterday. and he seems scared of me because he doesn't come out when i out my hand in the tank anymore.

Octavarium

Wonderpus
Registered
try some shrimp or scallop piece on a skewer stick and approach him slowly with it, mine attacked almost immeadiately.