Introduction

jjuchems

Hatchling
Registered
Good Day,

I am Jason Juchems and I have primarily kept reptiles and amphibians. I first started breeding geckos and frogs in junior high and have specialized primarily in breeding amphibians.

I am a graduate of Bradley University majoring in Elementary Education, concentration in general science, with my middle school endorsement Science, Language Arts, and Social Studies. I have a master’s in School Administration from Saint Xavier University. In college I worked as an intern at Wildlife Prairie State Park in Peoria, IL. I have worked as a Keeper, Naturalist, and landscaping working on invasive plants. I also worked (while full time teacher) for a short time for a professional Life Support System and exhibit design firm taking care of a 26,500 (fresh) and 2,500 (salt) gallon exhibits in a national retailer. I was the 2005 and 2008 president of the Central Illinois Herpetological Society. In 2011 my book Poison Dart Frogs: A Guide to Care and Breeding was published.

My experience in keeping salt water aquariums comes from working with the firm and later breeding clownfish. I ordered a Caribbean Octopus today from Live Aquaria and it should arrive Tuesday. They sold out by noon CT so I am interested in seeing what arrives, if it arrives.

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
Awesome, thanks for joining! Assuming all arrives well, please do start a Journal for your new octopus so we can follow along. Good luck and keep us posted! :thumbsup: In the meantime... read up! :smile:
:read:

jjuchems

Hatchling
Registered
Thanks you. I have already read multiple articles and threads so I thought I should join. Been trying to research what most individuals receive from liveaquara.com but it seems Caribbean collected are a mix bag.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
:welcome: @jjuchems to the world of octokeeipng! You may have already looked through the stickied posts in the Octopus Care forum (all well worth reading) but I like to ensure new keepers have seen the Posts with info for New Octo Keepers, containing several links that help new keepers know what to expect.

I saw the notification about new Caribbean octo availability but did not venture there this time and will be most interested to see what is delivered.