Introduction

jjuchems

Hatchling
Registered
Good Day,

I am Jason Juchems and I have primarily kept reptiles and amphibians. I first started breeding geckos and frogs in junior high and have specialized primarily in breeding amphibians.

I am a graduate of Bradley University majoring in Elementary Education, concentration in general science, with my middle school endorsement Science, Language Arts, and Social Studies. I have a master’s in School Administration from Saint Xavier University. In college I worked as an intern at Wildlife Prairie State Park in Peoria, IL. I have worked as a Keeper, Naturalist, and landscaping working on invasive plants. I also worked (while full time teacher) for a short time for a professional Life Support System and exhibit design firm taking care of a 26,500 (fresh) and 2,500 (salt) gallon exhibits in a national retailer. I was the 2005 and 2008 president of the Central Illinois Herpetological Society. In 2011 my book Poison Dart Frogs: A Guide to Care and Breeding was published.

My experience in keeping salt water aquariums comes from working with the firm and later breeding clownfish. I ordered a Caribbean Octopus today from Live Aquaria and it should arrive Tuesday. They sold out by noon CT so I am interested in seeing what arrives, if it arrives.

Awesome, thanks for joining! Assuming all arrives well, please do start a Journal for your new octopus so we can follow along. Good luck and keep us posted! :thumbsup: In the meantime... read up! :smile:
:read:

Thanks you. I have already read multiple articles and threads so I thought I should join. Been trying to research what most individuals receive from liveaquara.com but it seems Caribbean collected are a mix bag.

:welcome: @jjuchems to the world of octokeeipng! You may have already looked through the stickied posts in the Octopus Care forum (all well worth reading) but I like to ensure new keepers have seen the Posts with info for New Octo Keepers, containing several links that help new keepers know what to expect.

I saw the notification about new Caribbean octo availability but did not venture there this time and will be most interested to see what is delivered.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back