Help Needed

rickg

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
The Festoon has been removed. It was so covered in the milky film that I could no longer see through it. I removed some to see the eggs inside and they were completely white ( DEAD ). As for the other 3 eggs, they were put in a shot glass from the day they released from the rest. I checked this morning and they were gone. Nothing but empty egg cases left. I am really hoping they hatched and got themselves out of the shotglass and into the holding container. It would appear that this is what happened as there were no dead octo's to be seen. In the enclosure is some chaeto ( full of pods ), fine grade live sand as a substrate, and got my hands on some rotifers ( alive from a guy I met at the LFS ). He is more than willing to help me with this until I can get my own culture started.

All I can do now is hope that they are alive in the enclosure.

I appreciate everybody's help with this.

Thank you all very much!

Rick

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Wish you all the best with this attempt to raise baby octopus. I managed to keep a hatchling alive in a tank for four months on amphipods and other small creatures - but I had the advantage that they were larger, benthic hatchlings. You may not see them for many months, but don't give up. Just maybe....

Nancy