• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Help! My squid won't bury!

scolopes

Cuttlefish
Registered
I have several E. scolopes squid, and lately they are not burying well during the day like they are supposed to. Their eating has slowed and two have died (both of my females). Our tank chemistry is:
pH:8.1
Ammonia: 0
Nitrates:0
Nitrites:20-40
Salinity: 33-36
Temp: 23 degrees C

Any ideas on why they are feeling so bad? could there be other chemistry conditions I am not checking that I should?

:frown:

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
I would pm Thales...he seems to be on top of this sort of thing. The temp seems to be a little off, what are your lighting conditions?

DHyslop

Architeuthis
Registered
Did you switch your nitrite and nitrate values accidently while typing? if not, nitrites that high are fatal.

Dan

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHF8

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak