• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $25/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Good Read

Hey I found a site that has a lot of good (kinda basic) information about octopuses. If you don't want to read it, they have lots of good pictures and some videos as well. They seem to talk a lot about A. Aculeatus. They also make O. Cyanea seem like a very well suited octopus for aquarium life, I'm suprised more people don't house them.

http://tolweb.org/Octopodidae

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
TOLWEB has wonderful pages for cephs in general, I think it's one of the best filled-in areas of the TreeOfLife project.

I don't think I'd read that overview before, but in general, tolweb is a great resource; I can get lost in it for hours... (just based on this post, I learned about Placozoa!