• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $25/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Fiddlers in Southern California

Inception7

Blue Ring
Registered
Anyone know of a good Fiddler source that isn't across the country? I know I am on the coast so they should be available somewhere close, right?

If you live on the coast you should find a place on the beach that isn't protected by law and collect your octopus food there. When I was in La Jolla there were crabs and snails everywhere. Just find a place that isn't gross, polluted.

You can get a permit from the Department of Fish and Game to collect crabs. If you don't have a permit, you could face a hefty fine :shock:.

Inception7

Blue Ring
Registered
I do have to admit, I am too lazy to go down the beach and would rather pay:smile: I guess I will try and find a bait and tackle or something where they are cheap.

epicfish

Hatchling
Registered
cuttlegirl;114758 said:
You can get a permit from the Department of Fish and Game to collect crabs. If you don't have a permit, you could face a hefty fine :shock:.

Do you mind pointing me in the right direction for this permit? :smile:

Thanks.

epicfish

Hatchling
Registered
cuttlegirl;117372 said:

Perfect!

Resident Sport Fishing
$38.85
Required for a resident to take fish, mollusks, crustaceans, invertebrates, amphibians or reptile in inland or ocean waters. Additional stamps and report cards are required for certain species and areas.

Thanks! :smile:

Not bad for being able to hunt for my cuttle's food. :smile: