Eye glazed over

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
5 grams (NOT mg!) per litre works out to 0.6 ounces/US gallon.

We usually put it into a treatment tank rather than a display tank (3000L tanks needs waaaay too much med, plus the fluoro green isn't a good look!!), leave the patient for a couple of hours then return to a holding tank (or in your case the home tank) we repeat as required, usually daily for a week or so. You could try gut loading some prey with it but I wouldn't do both, you don't want to OD him!

J

k, I think I'll just inject it into his food and feed once a day now instead of every other day. He hides a lot now I think he is having a hard time because he can't see.

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
He should adapt. The other thing it could be is senescence. Was he wild caught? If so he's likely to be an adult with very little time left, it's not unusual for the eyes to go cloudy with old age :sad: sorry, I hope it's not the case.

J

I believe he was. I got him from saltwaterfish.com like many other members recently got their octos from. He seems too small to be an adult but I guess he could be. When I get a skinnier camera I should be able to get a picture of him in his den if the algae isn't too loaded on the glass. His den is on the back right by the glass so it would be easy to get a pic if the camera could fit. Thanks for your help Jean.