• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

DWARF OCTO HELP!!!!

macfl

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
i just purchased a dwarf octo at one of my lfs, i have his tank set up, but how long should i let the bag float for????????!!!

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
What you should do is add your tank water to the bag a little at a time, maybe over 1/2 hour. It's been floating for some time, so the temperatures must be about equal. Then pick up your little octo and put him in the water - don't empty the water into the tank, if you can help it.

Nancy

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
How did the acclimatisation go?

Also, be sure to enter your octopus tank details into the database...

cheers

Colin

macfl

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
he died :oops: :cry: i did the float and drip for 45 mins, then i came back about 20 min later and he was dead, all my levels were on 0. he was a dwarf

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Sorry that your little dwarf octo died. :frown:

Do you have any idea why? What about pH and sg,
nitrates, nitrites and ammonia? It would be good if you could figure this out.

:angelpus:

Nancy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndyR83

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak