• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks, like Site Search. Follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more cephy goodness.

Did you get a ceph-related gift for the holidays?

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Back in 1996 I saw a custom canvas tent at the Burning Man festival in Nevada that looked like a nautliloid shell. The entire thing just folded-out from the hub in the center and could then be staked-down against the wind. It took the creator about five minutes to set-up camp; he was camped about 50 meters from where we were. The tent's owner was also very smart regarding the prevailing winds - the tent was oriented so that it provided no resistance in the late-afternoon wind. As dust-storms would occur, it barely moved. It looked an awful lot like your lamp, except it was big enough to stand inside. Terrific engineering feat.

Tintenfisch

Architeuthis
Staff member
Matt Jones said:
I got this cool lamp from my sister in London. I would have posted this earlier but it's taken me a while to get the right kind of bulb for it.
Matt!! Where did you find a bulb?? I have a bulbless one sitting on a bookshelf that has been sadly awaiting its chance to shine since Christmas!

Gaetan P.

GPO
Registered
I scored the book " In Search of the Giant Squid". for my b-day, which is on a holiday. Earth Day. oh, and an ipod shuffle.

G

Toren

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
My friends just came back from Thailand and brought me a gift - it's a little stuffed octopus that's all white (except some lines which I guess are a suggestion of where to put stripes, which I will ignore) -- it comes with four markers so that you can colour it yourself! Pretty neat. I don't know what to do. Maybe I'll make it a blue-ringed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burtam2

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak