Did you get a ceph-related gift for the holidays?

Back in 1996 I saw a custom canvas tent at the Burning Man festival in Nevada that looked like a nautliloid shell. The entire thing just folded-out from the hub in the center and could then be staked-down against the wind. It took the creator about five minutes to set-up camp; he was camped about 50 meters from where we were. The tent's owner was also very smart regarding the prevailing winds - the tent was oriented so that it provided no resistance in the late-afternoon wind. As dust-storms would occur, it barely moved. It looked an awful lot like your lamp, except it was big enough to stand inside. Terrific engineering feat.

Matt Jones said:
I got this cool lamp from my sister in London. I would have posted this earlier but it's taken me a while to get the right kind of bulb for it.

Matt!! Where did you find a bulb?? I have a bulbless one sitting on a bookshelf that has been sadly awaiting its chance to shine since Christmas!

I scored the book " In Search of the Giant Squid". for my b-day, which is on a holiday. Earth Day. oh, and an ipod shuffle.

G

My friends just came back from Thailand and brought me a gift - it's a little stuffed octopus that's all white (except some lines which I guess are a suggestion of where to put stripes, which I will ignore) -- it comes with four markers so that you can colour it yourself! Pretty neat. I don't know what to do. Maybe I'll make it a blue-ringed.

My Baby She Got Me A Squid Print!

I'm getting a squid-print valentine :tentacle:

giant_squid_on_rice_sm.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6604532425

:mrgreen:

Not quite here in time for St. Bitterness Day, but I can wait...

(I wonder if the original was made with the squid's own ink...)

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back