• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

curious

Armydoc68

Hatchling
Registered
Hello, I am a physician and army veteran, and I am in love with the octopus. I M absolutely fascinated by their intelligence yet lack of a formally developed CNS. I would really love to own one if anyone can help me out with point of contact, advice, etc.

Hello, I am a physician and army veteran, and I am in love with the octopus. I M absolutely fascinated by their intelligence yet lack of a formally developed CNS. I would really love to own one if anyone can help me out with point of contact, advice, etc.
I live on the ocean and get one every year for twenty years. I am also an Army vet. (68-70) Message me and I will tell you what I have learned. Leslie Lightfoot

I live on the ocean and get one every year for twenty years. I am also an Army vet. (68-70) Message me and I will tell you what I have learned. Leslie Lightfoot
Hello Leslie
Thanks for responding, yes I am extremely grateful for any guidance. Thanks for your service, whats your MOS? I'm a 65D. If you want I can xchange #s
Geoff

It’s so cool that you’ve found Leslie in this group! I’ve never served in our military, but I’m a long time octopus keeper and TONMO member, welcome to the group! Do you have a lot of experience with saltwater? What size is your tank, as it’s really the deciding factor in what species to look for.

It’s so cool that you’ve found Leslie in this group! I’ve never served in our military, but I’m a long time octopus keeper and TONMO member, welcome to the group! Do you have a lot of experience with saltwater? What size is your tank, as it’s really the deciding factor in what species to look for.
I have a 500 gal tank. Salt water for twenty years. My water comes direct from the ocean so it is always perfectly balanced. I flip a switch at high tide and in 90 minutes I have changes all the water in the tank. My octopus have always been healthy and none have ever tried to escape. I do feed them fresh conch, lobster, shell fish. Right now I have no fish in the tank because Evie, the octopus, is in her hut with eggs.

Welcome to TONMO! What size tank are you working with? Are you interested in a dwarf or a bigger one?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back