• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Considering getting a bimac octopus as pet

Space

Hatchling
Registered
I am very interested in taking on a bimac as a pet. Before I make the decision, I would like some input from current or past bimac owners on what I will need to make caring for an octopus a successful experience. I have done some research, but I would find the advice of someone who has cared for these creatures to be very valuable. I want to make sure I can be a suitable caretaker, and am curious what the costs, diets, and time/effort required are when considering getting a pet like an octopus. Thanks in advance!

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Site Owner
hi @Space -- you've come to the right place; be sure to use our Search feature - we've had TONS of bimac owner threads over the years; lots of insights to gain here for sure.

gjbarord

Sepia elegans
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Your best bet is to use the wealth of information here to find out how to properly care for a bimac, or any cephalopod. After you check that out, please post some follow up questions you might have. Good luck!

Greg