Conanny - O.briareus Formerly Conan The Destroyer

joefish84;112557 said:
theres probably somewhere between 350 and 500 eggs i think. theres about 75 strands of 10 to 20 eggs on each so do the math for me

75x15 is... uh... twenty-five, carry the two... 1125! Sheesh... and here I am thinking that 25 babies has been stressful... Where should we send the flowers when this kills you? :sagrin:

i dont think theres that many... but im going with a modest estimate of around 500 eggs and maybe 300 actually hatching and actually living more than 2 minutes after hatching... so that leaves roughly 150 or so to try and get rid of to get down to a managable number of babies to feed... so whoever wants some babies just send me a pm. im still working on trying to figure out how much to charge and how to work out shipping. ive got a good friend who ships coral frags alot so i might let him handle the shipping part for me so i dont screw up. also i know whatley is thinking of providing a shipping method and sending it to me with a return label or something so all i have to do is pack them up and send them back. this might be a good idea for anyone who is interested in these little fellas

it depends on how old they are when you get them. if you get them really young it will be mysids and pods for the first month or so then its up to shore shrimp. its highly unlikely that youll be able to feed them frozen food right off the bat

joefish84;112576 said:
sure but that might be 4 months from now

Hello, I will probably be interested in one of the young once they are hardey enough for shipping. 4 months would be a good time window but I will keep up with this thread either way.

Joe,
I think they will be able to eat small shore shrimp after a week or three. The briarius grow faster than the Mercs and my little guys could catch and eat them fairly quickly as long as the shrimp were dense and in a confined space.

ok... thats good news because i live on a tidal creek that i can catch hundreds in one scoop out of this time of year. so when i send these guys i can also send yall some of the shrimp if you need them. these shrimp are just the common grass shrimp and only grow to about 1 inch at most and are as small as 1/8 inch and they ship pretty well

For real. I don't know how old Kalypso was when I got her, probably no more than 10 weeks, being her mantle was the size of a peanut and her arms were about 2, maybe 3 inches long (very stretchy!). In a month she was waaaaay bigger, primarily feeding on stomatella snails. Now that I've had her a little more than 2 months she is probably 10 times bigger. Her mantle alone is twice as big as her entire body, legs and all were when I got her.

well keep one for me and i will deff. buy one when they are ready. i have a 75g that is waiting for an octo. i will set it up soon so it will be ready. can you give me an estimate on how much each?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back