cephaikus

I am very impressed with Tintenfisch's work, and equally disturbed at the vivid description of their habitat!

I think we found that bait that Greg's looking for in the Keeping Squids thread...

Here, kitty kitty kitty... :twisted: :meso:

Twaz the moment I lapsed
brief slumber
perturbed

Worn down
Worn out
I should be interred

Can't live in the past
In dreams that don't last
Just emotions in time and space

Tiz not that I've lost it
I've let it go
The mind that is

Consciously
Although you'd not know
No need to show

So off with the light
I'll call it a night
And sit in the dark and ponder

Eyes open
Squid scheming
Simple dreaming

Somewhere
Anywhere
Yonder

I just don't know where

Yo, Steve-O',

You're not allowed to post that here -- that was actually good! (Though technically it wasn't haiku :grad: ) Please go back to the drawing board and write something sufficiently ridiculous for publication on this forum, before you show all of us up.

Tani
Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Earl
SADD (Squidly Alliance for Doggerel and Drivel)

WOT - there are rules????

Where are these rules of which you imply?

Rules
.... on TONMO?
Snort
Surely not

I will not stand for such rules!!
Rules are made to be broken! Ask Kat (she does it all the time ... there's one rule for her and one for everyone else). Oh I am sooooo going to get clobbered. No respect I say!

Snort.

I thought it was all about 3 lines......
What is a haiku anyway? Sorry, I misread it - I thought you were talking 'haoku' (that's the 3-lined one - Oh silly me - I'm always doing that you know - I'm deaf).
Rules
Snort
:oops:

Ahem.... Haikus are three-liners, but they also have to contain a total of 17 syllables, arranged in 5-7-5 form. (Don't blame me, some Japanese dude came up with that a few centuries ago 8) )

You are probably thinking of Hoku, daughter of Hawaiian crooner Don Ho, who recorded a song called "Another Dumb Blonde" for the film SNOW DAY. Her form, however, is 36-24-36.

Speaking of intelligent blondes, I've been watching WALKING WITH CAVEMEN on the Discovery Channel, and they were talking about Lucy, "the first famous person in the world." I've heard of Lucy many times before, but I didn't know there was such a thing as fame back then. Now what I'd like to know is, who was the first famous man in the world: Ricky? Fred? And was the second famous woman in the world named Ethel? And if the first famous person in the world was, say, Alice, would the next three be Ralph, Ed, and Trixie? Questions like these must keep thousands of paleo-anthropologists awake night after night. O tempora! O mores! (Oops, I forgot this was TONMO -- make that O morays!)

Another dumb brunette,
Tani Banani

Phil, I know not what
They are all on about, see
I've lost the plot too

So join in with me
We'll go climb a tree and pee
From a great height, hee

A sad thing to see
Don't take me literally
My clutch is slipping

Insane as can be
Yes, in perpetuity
I am not a squid

I might look like one
But I do not taste like one
I'm a cucumber

With five toes per foot
And only two legs to see
Oh joy to be me

This frightens me too
Ten-toed, two-legged cucumber
Insane as can be

:goofysca:

That one, Mr O'Shea, was of the proper tone for publication here, glad to see you've caught up to the rest of us.

the writing is bad
but my mouth is a smile now
for absurdity

TaningiaDanae said:
I just hope that the Steve-ster isn't a Sea Cucumber, otherwise every time he gets upset with us he'll -- well, I won't go there, but it definitely wouldn't be pretty.... :yuck: :!:

False modesty dulls
Taningia dares not say
Penis of the Sea

C'thullu decides to
Change his name to C'Saatchi
To woo Nigella

Tanks hiss and gurgle
Cats flee when Steve discovers:
Thongs make good slingshots.

:roflmao:

Someone new is hooked
The poet teuthologist
Has found a hobby

In the afternoon
He chuckled at TONMO - "Well,"
I thought, "no harm there."

Yesterday I left
Saying "Goodbye, Steve" - but this
Morning he's still here!

Of sleeplessness he
Complains, says he cannot work...
And now I know why.

Believe it or not
We can multitask and just
Finished a paper. :smile:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back