ceph biomass and introduction

Hi Tonmo! This message board looks very interesting! I am looking foward to being a member and learning more.

A few weeks ago I seem to remember reading an article about ceph biomass exceeding human biomass and that this sudden growth was linked to global warming and excessive fishing. Does anyone recollect reading something along these lines and/or know where I could find a link?

Thanks!

Re: ceph biomass and introduction

appendages_flailing said:
Hi Tonmo! This message board looks very interesting! I am looking foward to being a member and learning more.

Hi!
:welcome: to TONMO
The board doesn't just look interesting, it surely is :wink:
A few weeks ago I seem to remember reading an article about ceph biomass exceeding human biomass and that this sudden growth was linked to global warming and excessive fishing. Does anyone recollect reading something along these lines and/or know where I could find a link?

Funnily enough that does ring a bell but i can't remember where i read that "fact"... not even sure it was on TONMO for that matter... I'll let the less memory-challenged among us answer that one :lol:

TPOTH

It's actually based on series of papers published by George Jackson (Dr), of Tasmania. If you shoot me a pm with your email address attached I can forward you pdf's of the actual work.

I spoke to George about this yesterday; there's not been any recent publication that has sparked the recent flurry of press regarding increased temperatures (global warming) and squid numbers, but the recent interest in this (that you likely refer to) has probably been sparked by the more northern (and unusual) occurence of Humboldt squid (that's received quite a bit of press).

:welcome: to TONMO I should add, flailing arms, legs and anything else that goes
Steve

Welcome to Tonmo!
greg

ps...of course there are more...I've been flushing them down the can along with baby alligators for years !!!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back