• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Baby A died today.

:cry: I didn't see Baby A at all today, so I kind of knew she was probably dead. Tonight after the kids went to bed, I started pulling up all the live rock. Her little body just floated up... We will bury her tomorrow. I had her 9 1/2 months, much longer than I thought I would. The boys look fine and are still eating.

Baby A was my favorite, she will be missed in this household...

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
So sorry for your loss. :sad: You had Baby A a long time, as long as we have many of our octopuses. She was a champion egg layer and her babies have traveled far. Her children will be the breeding stock for the NRCC, no small accomplishment.

RIP Baby A :cuttle: :cuttlezz: :angelpus:

Nancy

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Sorry to hear it. Mine have been going too. Down to 5. Thats what we get from keeping short lived animals.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
:cuttlego: The title was enough to make me sad. Baby A was a vicarious favorite for a lot of us. Thanks for sharing her keeping.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acorn kid

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak