[Featured]: Architeuthis (Giant Squid) Sightings

Per Google Translate:

/
[Video included] A close-up shot of a giant squid while diving 💥

The news that an extremely rare creature was found at a diving point in Takeno, Hyogo Prefecture 👀❗
Its true identity is a giant squid 🦑
The size is ❓ and the appearance when found ❓
Interview with Yosuke Tanaka of "Dive Resort T-style" 🎤

h/t @jeffday:

@mournblade you had requested more giant cephs; are you following this thread? Lots to consume here in 2023! @OB 👀

A high school student captured a ``giant squid with a total length of over 5m'' and found it weakened in shallow water during a practical class​

I am ALWAYS following this thread! Thank you!!!

By-the-way, is Dr. Steve O'Shea still among the living? I haven't seen or heard anything from him in years!

:smile:

That's what like, now, THREE people who have touched a living Architeuthis. . . and lived?!?

Sorry I don't post here more often. I know jack-s**t about giant (and colossal) squid, but I've been obsessed with them since I was in the first grade circa 1977 or 1978 and found out about them in Collier's Encyclopedia for Kids, specifically volume 5 (which was about animals). I remember this line: "Usually the whale wins and eats the squid!"

Freaking terrified and fascinated me at the same time!

Always great to hear from you! Amazing what a tag (@) can do! I did ping Dr. O... he's around / out / about as far as I know! But we haven't connected in a long while.

Architeuthis in Takeno-cho, Toyooka City, Hyogo Prefecture Japan, on March 6th. Estimated at 2 meters / 50kg.

This location has been a hotbed of squid sightings this season, per other posts above!
:archi:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back