Oceanic white tip shark with sucker marks of a very large squid (likely Architeuthis)

Sordes

Wonderpus
Registered
I just found an interesting article about the discovery of a 7 feet long oceanic white tip shark photographed in the Pacific off Hawaii. It had a lot of well visible sucker marks from a very large squid (most likely Architeuthis). I´ve seen similar sucker marks were already described in mako sharks feeding on Humboldt squids. Perhaps some of you will also remember that many years ago I started a thread after I discovered photos of an Antarctis sleeper shark and a Pacific sleeper shark with very large sucker scars which were never officially made public. Here´s the link: This shark fought off a deep-sea squid, first-ever picture reveals

Cool! Large rings, two rings wide. This shark has seen some action!
Perhaps some of you will also remember that many years ago I started a thread after I discovered photos of an Antarctis sleeper shark and a Pacific sleeper shark with very large sucker scars which were never officially made public.
Here is said thread:

@mournblade - you asked for more giant beasties :biggrin2:

Cool! Large rings, two rings wide. This shark has seen some action!

Here is said thread:

@mournblade - you asked for more giant beasties :biggrin2:
The more, the merrier!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back