anyone use one?

Keith

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
anyone here ever use a SVS2-24 protein skimmer? its an in-sump skimmer offered on the berlin sump models at livereef.com the packages look pretty good, but i dont wanna end up with a low quality skimmer. opinions?

-Keith

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
It's possible no one has ever used it. Click on the thread stuck at the top of this forum about which skimmer you're using. You'll find a lot of comments about protein skimmers there.
Nancy

Keith

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
well, ive been talkin to the guy that owns the company. its a one man company and he's been doin it for 24 years. he designed and built all of his skimmers. ive still got a few questions for him but ill get back to you guys on that.

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Keith;120934 said:
anyone here ever use a SVS2-24 protein skimmer? its an in-sump skimmer offered on the berlin sump models at livereef.com the packages look pretty good, but i dont wanna end up with a low quality skimmer. opinions?

-Keith

What I thought before making a couple calls:

Never heard of them, and I read, travel and talk a lot about equipment.
The website seems snake oily to me - venturi never needs cleaning, skimmer is virturally maintainance freee, truly set and forget, and way more - which makes me nervous.

After a couple of calls:
I was told the venturi does need cleaning, that the equipment is 'OK', that there is a reason they aren't more popular. That they are really really good at phone/internet sales, but the products don't necessarily match up to their promo materials.
I was told by someone else that they are fine, but they are old school.

Not really much help. :biggrin2:

Keith

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Good to know. I'll probably end up with a hang on bak pak. Everyone seems to have good stuff to say about em. I'm thinkin about a compact berlin sump with a refugium on the side.

-Keith