• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

anyone use one?

Keith

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
anyone here ever use a SVS2-24 protein skimmer? its an in-sump skimmer offered on the berlin sump models at livereef.com the packages look pretty good, but i dont wanna end up with a low quality skimmer. opinions?

-Keith

It's possible no one has ever used it. Click on the thread stuck at the top of this forum about which skimmer you're using. You'll find a lot of comments about protein skimmers there.
Nancy

well, ive been talkin to the guy that owns the company. its a one man company and he's been doin it for 24 years. he designed and built all of his skimmers. ive still got a few questions for him but ill get back to you guys on that.

Keith;120934 said:
anyone here ever use a SVS2-24 protein skimmer? its an in-sump skimmer offered on the berlin sump models at livereef.com the packages look pretty good, but i dont wanna end up with a low quality skimmer. opinions?

-Keith

What I thought before making a couple calls:

Never heard of them, and I read, travel and talk a lot about equipment.
The website seems snake oily to me - venturi never needs cleaning, skimmer is virturally maintainance freee, truly set and forget, and way more - which makes me nervous.

After a couple of calls:
I was told the venturi does need cleaning, that the equipment is 'OK', that there is a reason they aren't more popular. That they are really really good at phone/internet sales, but the products don't necessarily match up to their promo materials.
I was told by someone else that they are fine, but they are old school.

Not really much help. :biggrin2:

Good to know. I'll probably end up with a hang on bak pak. Everyone seems to have good stuff to say about em. I'm thinkin about a compact berlin sump with a refugium on the side.

-Keith

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back