• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Ahhhhhh! Disaster!

Crevalle, I finally found my baby late this afternoon. He's hiding out under the ledge of a big rock. There is also an empty crab shell there too! So glad to here yours is doing ok. Does anyone know how many little hermits I should feed it a day? :?:

Spring :smile:

There really is no standard on how much to feed an octo, It also depends on the size of the octo. I fed my cephs 4 1 inch shrimps a day when it was about 2 inch mantle length.

Not yet Tony, But I'll get around to it soon. Thanks for reminding me. :smile:

It is cool to be able to take a picture of an octo, isn't it? Marine life fascinates me so much. I'd love to be able to go diving or snorkling and see one in the wild. It'll never happen though, :frown: I'm not a very strong swimmer. :oops: I'll just have to be satisfied with having my tanks here at home.

I'm really glad to hear that both baby bimacs seem to be doing OK. Looking forward to hearing much more about both of them. Nice pic, too.

One of the reasons we ask you to enter your tank and octo in the database is so we have some information on hand when you ask questions, now and in the future.

So, do these little guys have names yet?

Nancy

Thanks Nancy and Carol, No name yet. I'm kind of waiting to see what it's personality is like before I name mine. It's staying hid a lot. Is there anything I can do to encourage it to come out in the open? Maybe a lego or something to play with? Do they play with toys this young or is that something that developes later?

BOE, Those are some great pictures you linked to. What a lucky guy that fellow is. Thanks.

Spring said:
Not yet Tony, But I'll get around to it soon. Thanks for reminding me. :smile:
Cool, I see you've created it! Have announced your addition (and also Crevalle's) in this week's TONMO.com email newsletter.

I'm sorry, get what done? :?:

Oh, I think I see -- the Newsletter is something I publish on a weekly basis. Past issues can be seen here.

To sign up for the Newsletter, go to the TONMO.com Homepage and scroll down, you'll see the form in the right margin.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back