• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

why not fresh water fish?

I have read in a few places that you shouldn't feed your octo freshwater fish. I was wondering why that was. The only thing I could come up with was the possibility of them being raised in Copper treated water.
Is the rule the same for ghost shrimp as well?

octopus_octo

Blue Ring
Registered
YES!!!!

YES!!!! the same thing goes for copper fish also ANYTHING freshwater has to much fat and no nutrients!!!freshwater is a no no :mad:

joel_ang

Architeuthis
Registered
Its not because the fish have no nutrients in them, but rather, the nutrients in them are inadequete for cephs.Copper treated water is also one of the reasons.

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
I cant find it in a search, but does anyone have any data on FW animals not having the right balance of whatever for SW animals to eat?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndyR83

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak